Outfield Baseball Gloves
Jacked Up Baseball Equipment Truths! by Mike Corrado
Baseball: the great all-American pastime. Few of us can remember a summer from our childhood that did not include throwing a ball around or running the diamond. Today, baseball is all of that and much more. Baseball equipment has become as advanced as the space station...well, maybe not that advanced, but it is certainly more complicated than when we were kids! The point is baseball is not just a game anymore.
A few years ago, you grabbed your wooden bat and baseball and headed to the park for a game. However, the days of wooden bats are over (at least in the unprofessional realm of the sport). Today, everything is alloy and not just aluminum either. Boasting magnesium, scandium, and even titanium, the bats of today are far more advanced than their predecessors - but the advancement in technology does not stop there. Many new bats on the market offer graphite cores and even two-piece bats to eliminate vibration.
When it comes to advancements in baseball equipment technology, gloves were not left out. Once simply made of leather, the old fashioned kind made from cows, many gloves on the market are now available in buffalo, kangaroo, and pigskin, not to mention the numerous grades of cow and steer hide offered. The major differences in each type of hide is the softness and durability of the material, which determines the amount of time necessary to break it in and, of course, how long the glove lasts.
To the best of my knowledge, luckily, baseballs have not changed much over the years. Unless there is a square ball out there I am unaware of, the balls of the past are still used to play the game today.
With all of the advances in baseball equipment, is it any wonder records are constantly being broken? If the tools really do make the man, baseball equipment should be producing superstars, as that is the technology form which they come.
Mike Corrado brings you cheap baseball equipment at www.cheapbaseballequipmentonline.com.
Article Source: http://www.articlerich.com
Outfield Baseball Gloves - external links
- Baseball Depot
- Offers baseball bats by Easton, gloves from Rawlings, apparel by Bike, and
baseballs from Diamond.
- Guerrero Gloves
- Offers professional handcrafted baseball gloves for all positions, including
catcher and first baseman mitts.
- + YENNACO CUSTOM GLOVES + handmade custom baseball gloves gloves
- Manufacturer of baseball, softball, batting gloves and apparel for all ages with
custom colors and embroidering.
- Dale Murphy
- The BASEBALL Page
- Personalized, Handcrafted PRO Baseball Gloves, Baseball Mitts ...
- Offers custom made baseball gloves which can be personalized and made in various
- The Sandalady Baseball Glove Repair and Baseball Glove Conditioner
- Tips on choosing, buying, breaking in, and caring for baseball gloves.
- Most Valuable Network - Tribe Report
- Analysis, speculation, and rants.
- STLtoday - Sports - Cardinals
- Daily coverage from the Post Dispatch.
- Texas State University Bobcats - Official Athletic Site - Baseball
- Bobcats - Official site includes news, schedule, rosters, and statistics.
- DBA Hockey Professionals - Home - ClicShop
- Several categories with major brands.